Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Taekwondo For Health Update and Setting Goals

Last night was the first time since I've restarted Taekwondo classes that I felt like my old self. I did drills and sprints with the rest of the class and even set the pace for my group in a line drill a few times through. In one month I've gone from almost vomiting after each drill and exercise to running speed drills with the rest of my class in a fairly intense workout. I still have a long way to go as far as losing weight is concerned, but seeing these kinds of results really can boost ones confidence.

I'm hoping I can be ready to compete locally by the fall - winter of this year, and regionally by spring next year. Setting goals that are not weight-loss related is important. I've always found that if I set goals for getting better at Taekwondo (or whatever activity you are working at) helps keep me motivated far better than if I say "OK I'd like to lose 20 pounds by next month". If you give your everything to whatever physical activity you are pursuing and strive for greatness is said activity, then you'll also find that weight-loss is a wonderful byproduct of this mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment